Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my old penmanship


this is what my penmanship looked like before i got into penmanship. i saw a Hallmark greeting card with a similar message. i rewrote it and tailored it to my family. i remember that one person who received the letter called up to tell me how much she enjoyed it but she was laughing so hard she could hardly speak. she had read a couple of the actual holiday letters before she opened this one and so, the contrast tickled her funny bone. i still like it after all these years. thanks Hallmark...when you care enough to steal the best. i don't think i will go to jail because i did not actually pay myself to make this card. the weird stain is from some tape.

1 comment:

  1. Jean... I can hear your voice as I read that holiday missive. Oh... I so want to adopt that format. but we don't floss as much as you. maybe comment on cats' hairballs instead?

    happy 2011. 1/11/11

    nan

    ReplyDelete