Tuesday, May 14, 2013

jan's donation

i have a real dilema. jan donated some faber-castell big brush markers to my teaching supplies to share with students...because she said she didn't care for them. i assured her that they were going to be fabulous markers and that she would regret giving them away. so...this is the first envelope i tried. that first big J is an ugly J, but, i'm fine with the rest pf the Jans. one thing about markers...you have to work to find the good color combinations. you hardly ever have the perfect combo for a certain stamp.
tomorrow, i will show one that i like a lot and it was so easy. i think jan will want them back and i suppose i can part with them, but it will be hard.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I think Jan will care much more for those markers now she sees this fun envelope! LOVE this! I've seen this done with words of a theme and have always loved how it looks...although I've not seen it done with hand lettering. Looking forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sent an order to John Neal. I should have included some giant markers. My husbands name is Jan...so this is stealable

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, smash, you need to send more mail to your husband. on saturday, chuck brought two envelopes to our meeting to hand deliver to me...complete with current forever stamps. we laughed at the idea of making all these envelopes and then hand delivering. i saw jan, too, and she didn't take the markers back...so, we'll see how it goes. for now, they are mine to share during classes (and keep me seriously distracted from chores)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I just now saw this and I have some sewing to do. Drat! You KNOW, I'd much rather be playing with my markers! This "Jan" envelope is fantastic and I MUST use the concept for someone! Good thing my sister's name is Jan. lol Love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was just thinking of doing this idea...only making myself use every single pen and marker in my studio.... now, the only problem is which name to do...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a big envelope! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are not enough characters in any name and address to even make a dent in the writting implements. You will have to cover the entire surface of the envelope. This could take a long time. Good luck with that idea.

    ReplyDelete