Friday, January 10, 2014

from jack

this arrived - from jack - thanking me for organizing the envelope exchange. i think the deadline was jan 15th - to get envelopes in the mail. if anyone has decided that they really don't have time to send their envelopes, post me privately (at the email over there by the picture of me) and i will ghost-author envelopes from you to the people on your list.

a couple people would like another exchange. so, i will think of something and post it later this month. if any of the participants are disappointed, or have suggestions, please send your thoughts and comments to me so i can tweek the format, if necessary.

i love this one. this is a highly stealable idea. and jack, we would like to know what you used to make the big W. it looks like it might be one of those giant copics. great way to use the little bonus sticker that came with the harry potter stamps. i am hoarding my bonus stickers. i have to think of something way-cool and unexpected, to do with them.

and trust me....professionals make those kinds of mistakes all the time. sometimes i wish i had kept a portfolio of all my bloopers. there are some doozies. making mistakes is sign that you are still alive...and you can quote me on that.

and speaking of mistakes...finnbadger has a mental block on my house number (420 - 44th)
the same way i have a mental block on the spelling of keith-kieth - luckily, my mailman knows me and brings me my mail...but remember, he is retiring this year...so, i worry that the new people will not be as attentive. finnbadger's full envelope will appear in a few weeks, i am stockpiling posts into the future.



6 comments:

  1. Jean... Thanks for showing my envelope. For the large W I used an old 3/4" , completely dried up Copic marker that is at least 15-20 yrs old. I used it like a dip pen, in a bottle of Higgins black fountain pen ink. It turned out a faded gray color. Waste not, want not!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean... Thanks for showing my envelope. For the large W I used an old 3/4" , completely dried up Copic marker that is at least 15-20 yrs old. I used it like a dip pen, in a bottle of Higgins black fountain pen ink. It turned out a faded gray color. Waste not, want not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing your technique and tools. happily, i have two dried up copics and a bottle of black ink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This envelope is wonderful and so is the one I received from the exchange. My very large S skipped ink on the left side and I thought you put in a white line. Very effective. Finnbadger's envelope is intriguing and I can't wait to see all of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my defense, I made this one before I sent the Christmas Cookies one. I will try to be a better grasshopper in 2014, Jean-san.

    I like the Hogwarts seals that came with the HP stamp, I just wish they were bigger as it is hard to see the detail on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe *happy mistakes* will be my theme for the year. i make so many and i'd like to embrace mistakes, rather than nit-pick at them....although, when it comes to the p.o., we probably need to give them accurate information.

    ReplyDelete