Sunday, December 6, 2015

tree calligram

someone on the flourish forum asked for people to make christmas tree calligrams. this was a quick 2 minute attempt with colored pencil. it has potential , but -alas- i probably won't have time to work on it any more...unless we get a blizzard and i am housebound.





-later-
had a phone call, so had time to do second version







original source -
http://typeverything.com/image/71302593247
artist is aron jansco

it was his 2013 holiday image
http://aronjancso.tumblr.com/

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing. And it would also look really good with one of the Forever Love stamps from this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I'd love to see what you do if this is a doodle while on the phone. I'll have to put this on my "things to try" list. Although I don't know if I'll ever get to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you used a poinsettia as the star, boxed the year presents, and added a flourished tree skirt. I borrowed these embellishments for my Christmas card. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it - i just did a couple more calligrams. they are so much fun to do.

      Delete