Thursday, April 6, 2017

Poppy Mail

Once again, I do not recall if I have posted any of my Poppy mail. My granddaughter is now 3 and has finally grasped the concept of mail. So, I have started sending her mail from Poppy. She saw the movie Trolls, and it is refreshing that there is a worthwhile character who is not a princess.

To make Poppy mail, I copy and paste an image onto an 8.5x11" sheet of paper. On some, I folded and cut and made an actual envelope. On this one, I just folded it in thirds so that there was about a 2-inch overlap on the back. Then I ran a strip of glue along the left and right edge - on just the bottom that would fold up to become the back of the envelope, folded up the bottom section (now the back) and adhered it. Inserted the message. Folded down the top flap - and ran glue along the edge that would normally have the closure adhesive.

The envelope is 4 3/8" tall and 8 1/2" wide, if that helps to visualize.
The flap is 2 1/4"

Then I drew the image of the envelope - etc.
Easy - fun for kids....or could be for anyone depending on the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment