Monday, April 3, 2017

Rest in Peace MamaCJT

http://mamacjt.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-04-21T13:34:00-07:00&max-results=5

You will see this envelope (on the link above - and scroll down) as well as Carol's comment about it. She ran across my blog and sent me the envelope. We exchanged a few times and this particular envelope was included in a compilation of envelopes to inspire people to decorate envelopes. It is one of the images I see almost daily on my pinterest-surfing. I did not check Carol's blog every day. Maybe once a season I would think to check. Sadly, the last time I checked it (last fall) her daughter had posted that Carol had passed away after a short illness. I wasn't going to post anything about Carol until I ran across this original post and then figured it was worth sharing. It also made me realize that I need a plan for my family to post a last post if something happens to me. Now I have to figure out how to make that happen. Since nobody in my family reads my blog, it's up to the Big Helpful Brother to post my obit. And he's a bit older than the PLS (Pitiful Little Sister), so, I really need to figure out a back up person - in case he gets *Returned to Sender* before I do. Any suggestions?

And yes, my tombstone will be an envelope - which I need to design - and it will be stamped, return to sender. I really don't want a headstone. But, I'm so fond of the idea that I might have to go with it.

Don't be using that address. I used to have a studio at 430. My house is 420 - 44th Street, which is 2 houses away. I'd blur the address, but that would take time. Besides, my letter carrier knows me and knows to bring the 430s to me.



4 comments:

  1. Jean, that is a really nice tribute to Carol. From her blog, it is obvious that she was a very talented lady. It is nice to think that she is being remembered by you and introduced to someone new even after her passing. I hope she. Is happy somewhere in the great beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot to face on a Monday morning... find someone younger that appreciates or will appreciate your blog. Think grandchildren (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments.
    If anyone wants to read the last post, it is here. http://mamacjt.blogspot.com/
    While any death is sad, it is also very interesting to note that Carol's creative spirit was functioning nicely through the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting you posted this. I found your blog through her blog. I had started following her because of our joint interested in quilting. Then she started showing her decorated envelopes and I was double hooked. The bottom envelope you posted today is one of my favorites and I have used that idea many times. I corresponded with her many times asking questions about supplies she used and her giving me lots of useful hints. I followed her through her brief illness and was saddened by her death. I miss her blog and her wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete