Saturday, September 9, 2017

Lynne - with no stamp

Another in the series where I was using PITT markers to make letters that are somewhat like Neuland. Neuland is an all-cap font. But, lots of us use the same general strokes to make lower case. I was really happy with this - but it is not on an envelope - so it is going to get sent inside Lynne's July exchange envelope - unless I keep it to remind me to do more like this....
if you did not find it in your envelope Lynne, trust me, some day it will show up....

Part of my organizing binge includes putting notes on items that tell my heirs where to dispose of my stuff - should I get *returned-to-sender* in a sudden and unexpected event.

The last time I was at the cell phone store, I asked the young guy who was helping me what happened to the three people who were bundled into my plan if I died. He looked like a deer in the headlights. I'm sure he had never heard the question before. Fortunately, the 40-something fellow-worker who was standing close enough to hear the question was able to tell me that one of the other people on my plan would have to bring in a death certificate and then they could transfer the plan into that person's name. If any money is owed on the deceased's phone, they forgive that debt.....so, there you have it. Some extra info you might need some day.

I also heard some alarming news about macaroni and cheese and was going to get all twitter-pated about that, but the very next news item was about the recent cases of actual plague that we all remember from the 1300s. People have been predicting that it might crop up again....so....if the bubonic plague is on its way - I'm not going to be too worried about what I eat.

Note-to-self: try to sound more normal in the next post.

3 comments:

  1. That is super pretty! I am going to try that font. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please ignore your "note-to-self" ~ I enjoy your posts just the way they are!

    Go buy some forever stamps. I read in the paper this morning that the USPS is requesting to raise the rates more than the cost of inflation to avoid bankruptcy and make improvements. The article said they need a 20% increase to nearly 60 cents. :-(

    ReplyDelete