Sunday, October 29, 2017

August Exchangers Tina and Nanski

Tina needs to tell us how she did her envelope. It looks like she covered the surface with an array of colors that are shiny. And then covered those colors with some matte black. Then used something to remove the black.

As kids, most of us created something similar with colored crayons - both layers. The scratching off made a huge mess. This does not look like crayon on either layer.

I was so happy to see Nanski's WonderWoman envelope. Little did she know that back in the day when I had long brown hair and wore shorts and tanned (in my mid-20s) - there were some guy-friends who wanted me to dress up as WonderWoman for Halloween. I was so tempted because I really thought I could pull it off. The only thing that deterred me was the outfit. I could not handle the *shorts* which look like underpants to me. Now - 40 years later - I sorta wish I had a picture of me as WonderWoman. Instead - I have a picture of me as Princess Leia. My hair made perfect ear-muff-buns and the full length bathrobe dress was something I could handle.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jean
    The scratch sheets were found in the children's section of our Poundland (dollar store equivalent) shop !!! ....... It contained several sheets of the scratch card - so although it looked as though I had covered a shiny coloured card with a Matt black paint I did in fact cheat and buy it ready done !!!!!!! It came with a simple scratch stick. The aeroplane is a rubber stamp I have - stamped it onto the scratch foil in a black ink and then simply followed the lines ........ The name letters are more rubber stamps (my favourite letter stamps) and scratched them off ...... My biggest worry doing these envelopes was that they would get further scratches on them whilst going through various mail machines but they seem to have survived fairly well !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the details. Yes, mine arrived in very good shape.

      Delete
    2. Yes, thanks for explaining your process - they looked so professional, and I couldn't understand how you got them to look so smooth.

      Delete
  2. Jean, Glad my envelope brought up fun memories. Looking forward to seeing a Halloween photo of you as Princess Leia. I need to get some Janis Joplin stamps. Tina's lettering would coordinate perfectly. Thanks again for the inspiration! Wishing you a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever to use the WonderWoman W for Wilson!

    ReplyDelete