Thursday, October 5, 2017

Christy Robb - Best in Show

I remember seeing that Christy's envelope was Best in Show in the Graceful Envelope contest this year. I mentioned it in a blog and had a link to the envelope.

Christy's 2017 Graceful Best in Show

The image that the contest organizers posted which had the envelope on a white background so you couldn't see the shape of the arch pushing off the edge. The theme was *pushing the envelope* so Christy wanted to literally push the arch off the edge of the envelope.

Congratulations Christy. Thanks for sending a better photo of the envelope

Christy also tells me that the contest may be losing their sponsorship. I guess I can volunteer to run the contest.


3 comments:

  1. The contest is put on by the postal museum, correct? I wonder why they would stop.. I have entered a couple times, I usually forget! Her envelope is awesome!

    I just found your website and am really enjoying your work! I love envelope art! Thanks for sharing all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Smithsonian Postal Museum started the contest and ran it for a few years. Then the Washington DC calligraphy guild took over and a postal workers group also participated. I believe that it the postal workers group that might be *retiring* their involvement. I don't think the guild wants to quit. Maybe they will keep going on their own.

    This is what it says on the website of the guild:

    The 2018 competition may not be held. The Washington Calligraphers Guild is discussing how to proceed, given the loss of staff and financial resources because the National Association of Letter Carriers has withdrawn its sponsorship.

    ReplyDelete