Monday, November 6, 2017

Bonus Post Mary Engelbreit

Mary Englebreit has been mentioned previously. She's been a favorite of mine since she launched her business in the mid 80's. We are the same age - and it has been fun watching her evolve. I always said that her balance between sweet and mushy -and- snarky was parallel to my outlook on life.

Thanks to Pinterest - you can see all of her work - just plug her name into the search. I also discovered her IG - and was just a little bit surprised at how pointed she has become about certain topics. But she is still very balanced - and includes plenty of her original sweetness.

Another good find --- her snarky side has blossomed into Engeldark.
Engel-breit
Englebright
Bright-Dark
...get it?

I can't wait to see what she's up to in another 20 years.

If you like snarky - head on over to her website. And maybe snarky isn't the right word. If anyone wants to suggest an alternative, please do. It's the opposite of Pollyanna....I want to say Maxine. I'm sure plenty of you remember Maxine from the Hallmark greeting card series. Edit: Edgy is a better word for Mary's darker choices. For Maxine, I think I'd go with sarcastic.

Engeldark

Today's regular post is right below.
I'm adding some bonus posts on the days when I was struggling to write educational comments.

9 comments:

  1. I am definitely Pollyanna, as my family loves to tease me. I used to love Mary Engelbright, I think I will need to stay away from the dark side, so I wish you a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my best friends are in the Pollyanna camp. And others are more towards the snarky side. I do have to clarify that she is not being snarky to be mean - she is responding to some very difficult situations. She is still a very cheerful person, but has faced some dark experiences and offers her perspective on how to cope with those things that take you down and you feel like you can't recover.

      Delete
  2. and here is nice dose of Maxine....
    https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=maxine&rs=typed&term_meta[]=maxine%7Ctyped

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ~ I enjoyed Engeldark. Very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maxine ruled our home once upon a not so distant time. :) I saved some of the best Mary Englebreit cards. Now I cannot find them. Use it or lose. *sigh* How true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. You're right. Snarky isn't the correct word. Some of the statements have a little sting but so does lemonade without sugar and water, yes? ;)

    Thanks for the link. You make me want to find my box of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edgy might be a better word. I think I'll go edit the post...and I hope you find your stash. I too have some favorites in a stash of unsent cards.

      Delete
  6. I'm back because I forgot to keep the link. Please don't edit your post! I see in the saved cards in my mind's eye, inside one of my postal pouches. But I could be wrong. LOL.

    Have a good beginning to the new week.

    ReplyDelete