Saturday, April 14, 2018

Repost from Eric's Blog - Xmas Leaf

When this popped up on Eric's blog I'm sure I smiled out loud. Or whatever you do when your reaction to something is like LOL - only it isn't funny - it just makes you happy.

I spent many years teaching a class called Art for the Intimidated and to convince intimidated people that anyone can learn to draw (contour drawing) we would draw a leaf. It was so much fun to see people follow the simple directions and then be flabbergasted at their success. I always brought in oak leaves. So, that is part of what I loved about this card. I also love the decorations and the teddy bear and the tiny writing in the border.

You may check out the envelope here - it is very festive as well.

Eric's blog

If you wanted to morph this idea into an envelope, I can see it in landscape orientation with a smaller leaf. If you had a rubber stamp of a leaf, that would be a nice alternative to adhering actual leaves to your envelope and hoping they made it through the mail. I'll label this follow up and hope to do my own version eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment